Tuesday, July 13, 2010

We Are Home

We are finally home after hours of traveling it feels good to be back! Coming home was much easier then going other then the kid beside us that screamed half the flight. We started our morning before we left visiting Tiananmen Square. It was nice to go back and see it. It has changed a lot since I was there in 2008 you now have to go through a security check before ever stepping foot on it. We looked at the Forbidden City from afar. Then we went back to the hotel to finish packing and to check. The hotel was nice enough not to make us check out until 2 and we left at 3 for the airport. Hannah and Jeff went to the Catholic store right down from the hotel so Hannah could get a few last things before we left. Our new guide met us at about 3 to take us to the airport. Checking in at he United counter was nothing and very easy. Me and Jeff flew through security. Hannah on the other hand had hr bag searched and gone through. And to think what through the alert was ANIMAL CRACKERS. Upon boarding our flight per USA regulations all bags must be searched and they put you in line. I must have looked suspicious because I was wanded and patted down. Our flight out of Beijing was delayed a little and we arrived late to Dulles and had to wait in a never ending line to get through immigration. Thankfully it moved fast and we were not pulled when going through customs. We made it to our gate with 15 minutes to spare. When time came to board we met someone we never thought we would. Kate Gosselin was not only at our gate but on our flight to Charlotte. She was very nice and surprised that we had just returned from China after working in a special needs foster home. She even took a picture with us and then when we got off the escalator she took one with Lily. We were greeted by family and friends at the airport and Hannah's dad brought us BoJangles which was wonderful. We got home at about 12:30 and I was in bed by 1:30 and up by 5 am this morning. Jet lag is not as bad as I thought it would be. I have to say I have had enough Chinese food for a couple months, and I am glad to be home. I promise to get pictures up I might have to do them through my mom's computer as my SD card reader is not working.

1 comment: